OUR AIMS ARE:
- Establishment of Safe Haven Centres where no-one suffering a mental illness will be denied treatment.
- Promote public awareness by educating the public on the alarming increase in suicide numbers and mental illness disorders in our society.
- Make changes to the Confidentiality Laws that allows medical information to be given to family members caring for a mentally ill/disordered loved one.
- Remove the unfounded myths and stigmas often associated with suicide.
- Remind the whole of Australia that every life is precious. Suicide victims are not just statistics, but were dearly loved human beings; loved by their families and carers.
The White Wreath Association is a non-denominational, non-political and anti-discriminatory body supporting people who have been directly affected by suicide and those who are affected by mental illness/disorders.