Suicide/Mental illness/Advocacy/Help/White Wreath Association
Suicide & mental illness help
|Carbon Monoxide||Hanged Herself||Death by Train||Death by Train|
These photos have been placed here with the permission of the families involved. They are a reminder that suicide can touch people of all ages
Many people know someone either directly or indirectly affected by suicide.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE?
White Wreath Association primary focus of is to raise funds in order to establish Care Facilities (Safehavens) to aid those suffering mental illness and who are suicidal.
Our efforts in reducing the stigma associated with mental disorders are done through our public awareness campaigns that White Wreath Assoc holds during the year and we have created the following:-:-
- We have created National White Wreath Day – In Remembrance of All Victims of Suicide and Wear White At Work both held on the 29 May, Yearly. Raising awareness of the social impact mental illness has on our society.
- We have created awareness of the misunderstandings relating to mental illness through White Wreath Day (29th May Yearly) in Remembrance of Victims of Suicide and Wear White At Work.
- National Sock It To Suicide held during third week of October yearly. Raising awareness of the social impact mental illness has on our society and reducing the stigma associated with mental disorders.
- Contactable 24 hours a day on 1300 number.
- Website and Newsletter
- Personal phone contact
- We provide advocacy for those who need assistance of finding help for their mental health and provide support for those bereaved by suicide.
- Provide support to the family and friends of suicide victims through our National White Wreath Day held on the 29 May each year.
- Removing the unfounded myths and stigmas often associated with suicide/mental illness.
It seems that no one cares or understands that the families and friends of suicide victims are in as much need of help and support as other members of our Australian society and are just as deserving of our understanding and respect.